Monday, June 17, 2013

to summarize...



Finally some internet...
Had a busy week... some highlights:
- made it all 4 days in the village and started up my P7 English class again - time to "mark" papers!
- when children in the village are asked about shapes, "egg", "sun", and "moon" - kinda fun responses... limbo with 4 year olds - also entertaining
- The tile is finally finished though the house repairs are not yet done.
- Expat exodus going into "tourist season" (lots of short-term people) has begun in Gulu
- Mango season is a delicious time of year
- I learned what tear gas smells like when the Secondary School Athletics competition ended in a riot (sore losers) at the stadium near my house
- visited my friend's school for most of the day and observed her teachers
- sad goodbyes to leaving friends
- bonfire "wang oo" Steph is back!
- I have chickens again - and the puppies want to eat them now now
- children sitting - yay dancing, playing in the rain, hot cocoa, and movie in a blanket fort... if only I had more energy!!!
- I'm not sick but am lacking too much energy to confidently say I'm well
- I learned to drive a motorcycle! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment