Friday, January 6, 2012

Reunion of friends - fire strengthens fire

Today I got to see my friend Sarah (uganda-journey.blogspot.com - she is a much better writer than me). We worked together while in Uganda. She has since gotten to go back. We talked about Uganda and she shared news from the field:
Gulu has grown... they now have a market chain from the south that carries bacon and dr. pepper.
The kids have grown
There isn't an afterschool program much anymore (the one we started and I want to continue) - my classroom awaits me.
Corruption hasn't ceased. The hardest thing (at least for me) to deal with in Uganda is corruption and lying. It seems it is extremely difficult to fully trust anyone as lying to a "friend's" face is appallingly common.
There are some more foreigners (some from US ) working out of Gulu.
My kids still ask about me.

I am both glad and sad to hear about them. Glad because I love them and care about how they are doing. Sad because I am still here. There is work to be done.

Pray for the kids. Pray for their country. Pray for me. Pray for movement.

1 comment: